RIBA Client of the Year award honours the key role that a good client plays in the creation of fine architecture.
The award is judged by members of the RIBA’s Awards Group, which is chaired by Paul Monaghan and includes both lay members as well as architects. They consider clients of all RIBA Award winning schemes but take into account a track record of previous successful commissioning, particularly where this has led to earlier RIBA Awards.
- on behalf of the Kielder Partnership for Charles Barclay's Architects' for Kielder Observatory.
- Dr Roy Macgregor on behalf of Camden & Islington Community Solutions for Allford Hall Monaghan Morris's Kentish Town Health Centre.
- Peter Millican on behalf of Parabola Land for Dixon Jones's Kings Place, London.
- Rod Holmes on behalf of Grovesnor for BDP's Liverpool One Masterplan.
- Laura Lee on behalf of Maggie's for Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners', Maggie's Centre, London.
- The Reverend Nicholas Holtam for Eric Parrys Architects' St-Martin-in-the-Fields, London.
The RIBA Client of the Year 2009 was won by all of the above. This was a positive decision in an excpetional year, producing some remarkable clients. The Awards Group wished to celebrate the achievments of all six in the same way. The winner of the RIBA Client of the Year 2008 was Beetham organisation.