We are still a family based in Kent and an integral part of the CMB group; manufacturing a range of products including insulation products, concrete admixtures, paints and adhesives and specialist chemicals for the construction industry.
Marmox UK distribute the company’s sustainable building products throughout the UK and Ireland through the major insulation and building supply chains in addition to stockists servicing both the retail and the trade.
The products Marmox UK supply are manufactured in our new state-of-the-art factory to ISO9001, conform to the applicable European Standards and have BBA certification.
Marmox (UK) Ltd
101-103 Hopewell Drive
CPD booking contact
Tel: +44 (0)1634 835290
Approved CPD materials
Overcoming Problems Associated with Tiling Bathrooms
This seminar aims:
- To be aware that tiling bathrooms does have some serious problems that are often overlooked.
- To be aware of the relevant sections of the building regulations relating to bathrooms.
- With regard to thermal insulation, to know what U values are and how they can be used to estimate the cost of heat loss.
- With regard to sound insulation, to know the different types of sound transmission and how to reduce them.
Part L and Thermal Bridging in Floor/Wall Junction Designs
This seminar examines:
- Why recent changes to the building regulations have made heat loss through the wall/floor thermal bridge junction more important.
- How to achieve level 4 of the code for sustainable homes by eliminating cold bridges.
- What y-values and psi-values are and how they are used in the SAP calculation.
- Implications of adopting the different options for complying with the new regulations: accredited construction details, calculating the thermal bridge or doing neither.
- How using enhanced construction details or thermal bridging blocks can yield considerably better y-values.
- The advantages and disadvantages different thermal bridging blocks have compared with each other and with using accredited construction details.