Armstrong - Armstrong Ceiling Systems - Customised solutions meeting complex interior designs, environmental solutions meeting sustainable strategies, contemporary canopies meeting modern trends.
‘Between us, ideas become reality.’
Armstrong Ceilings Ltd
Building Products Division
38 Market Square
Fax: +44 (0)1895 274287
CPD booking contact
Ms Michelle Nicholl
Tel: +44 (0)185 202073
Approved CPD materials
Using Phase Change Materials in Construction for a More Sustainable Built Environment
This seminar covers:
- Introduction to PCM (phase change material)
- How PCM can be integrated into suspended ceilings
- Designing with HVAC system to save energy costs
- How using phase change materials in construction can create a more sustainable built environment
This seminar will offer the delegate a better understanding of how metal ceilings are made enabling them to better design ceiling layouts.
Fire and Suspended Ceilings
This seminar looks at the anatomy of fire, British standards and the need for and remedies to achieve careful integration of services and the requirements of the designer.
Ceilings and the Environment
This seminar is a CPD presentation looking at the topic of the environment and sustainability and in particular to the role that suspended ceilings have to play within sustainable development. Topics covered include:
- Brief overview of definitions/perceptions of the environment/sustainability, environmental standards, methodologies and tools
- Focus on suspended ceilings and their effect on the environment and sustainable construction
- Market resources and references
Ceilings and Healthcare Environments
- The objective of this presentation is to provide an improved understanding of the healthcare ceiling requirements, associated guidelines and applications.
- This presentation aims to uncover the functions that the ceiling must provide and critical performances, both obvious and obtuse, that are expected of the ceiling.
Armstrong Guide to Building Acoustics
This seminar aims to provide a better understanding and usage for non-acoustic specialists within the building design and construction teams.
Acoustics and Suspended Ceilings
This seminar examines building acoustics, sound transmission, reception and absorption and the use of suspended ceilings in aiding the above.
A Better Learning Environment
This seminar will provide an understanding of the acoustic concepts of classroom design, how to meet the regulatory standards and to provide the optimum conditions for learning. It includes clarification of legislation in particular:
- Building regulations (E4)
- Building Bulletin 93
- The basics of passive acoustics
- The concepts of active acoustics including Soundfield and its relevance to regulations and good acoustic design