Building Adhesives Ltd specialises in the development, and manufacture of ceramic tile adhesives, grouts, and silicone sealants. BAL, the UK’s leading brand, is renowned
for its stringent product quality and excellent technical training services.
Building Adhesives Ltd
CPD booking contact
Ms Janet Webster
Tel: +44 (0)1782 591100
Approved CPD materials
Problem Solving with Tiling Solutions
- The presentation aims to inform and assist in the design process for successful specification and installation of ceramic and natural stone tiling to common constructional backgrounds.
- The presentation is split into four seperate but interchangable modules which:
- Identify potential, costly problems.
- Demonstrate how these problems can arise.
- Offer practical advice on preventative measures and use of correct materials.
- Highlights British (and European) standards, health and safety issues and identifies the different types of adhesives, grout and pre-preparation technology available e.g. utilising lightweight recycled materials thus reducing environmental impact.
Specifying Natural Stone
This seminar aims to help architects and specifiers
- Understand about the important factors which are critical in designing and specifying for the successful installation of natural stone.
- Gain knowledge of the correct materials for specification works, including reference and guidance on those relevant British and European standards, health and safety legislation etc.
- Identify the main causes of problems associated with installation of natural stone and offering real solutions as to how to prevent these problems from occurring.
- Understand the interaction between the specified materials and the environments/service conditions to which they will be exposed.
Specifying Tiling for Leisure
This seminar should inform and assist in the design process for the successful specification and installation of ceramic tiling for leisure environments. It covers the need for detail in tiling work specifications, guidance on codes of practice, new adhesive technology and EN classifications, examples of costly failures and a case study of successful specification for a large leisure facility including a pool.
Specifying Tiling Works in Heavy Traffic Areas
This seminar will provide design and specification guidance on relevant codes of practice and explain new ceramic tile adhesive technology and EN classifications, as well as provide further guidance on problem solving and how to avoid potentially costly failures.