British Gypsum Acoustic Ceilings offer an exciting mix of aesthetic design and excellent performance from the Gyptone, Rigitone and Gyprex product families, offering enhanced acoustic, moisture and impact resistant properties for the most demanding ceiling projects.
Fax: +44 (0)844 561 8816
CPD booking contact
Mr Steve Wintle
Tel: +44 (0)7971 060178
Approved CPD materials
The White Book Health Sector Guide: The Comprehensive Specification Guide to Healthcare Environments
The White Book Health Sector Guide makes specifying for healthcare buildings easier. It covers the critical regulations and guidance that designers need to take into account and discusses systems and products that have been proven for use in health facilities. The document gives extensive guidance on the application of HTM 08-01, the recently introduced guidance on acoustics in health care buildings, guiding the reader through the background theory and the practical application of the guidance which is a key driver to the design and specification of systems in a healthcare building.
The White Book Education Sector Guide
- A comprehensive guide to the specification of partition, ceiling and other building systems that meet the demands of modern education buildings.
Specifying within the Residential Sector to meet Regulatory Requirements and the Code for Sustainable Homes
- Regulation and design criteria that drive the specification of internal lining solutions, with a specific focus on the acoustic and thermal performance of the building.
- In addition to building regulations, designers now need to consider the implications of The Code for Sustainable Homes and the presentation covers this in detail.
- Explanation of the Code for Sustainable Homes explaining how achieve credits are achieved using British Gypsum products and services.
Specifying Plasterboard Systems with Confidence
This seminar aims to give the specifier knowledge of dry internal plasterboard systems. It looks at matching timber joist ceiling constructions to project needs, selecting dry internal linings to suit type and conditions of masonry background, specifying metal stud internal walls and partitions, considering fire stopping solutions and choosing the best board finishing.
Specifying Performance Ceilings with Confidence: in Healthcare
This seminar will enable specifiers to ascertain performance required and then to prepare with appropriate ceiling tile and grid detailing, to ensure that optimum performance is achieved.
Specifying Gypsum Ceilings with Confidence
This seminar provides a greater understanding of internal wall lining systems with regard to composition and functionality.
Specify Performance Ceilings with Confidence in Education
This seminar will enable specifiers to ascertain the performance required and then to prepare a suitable specification, with appropriate ceiling tile and grid detailing, to ensure that optimum performance is achieved.
No 2 - Thermal Insulation and Condensation
This seminar will enable specifiers to ascertain the performance required and then to prepare a suitable specification, with appropriate detailing, to ensure that optimum thermal performance is achieved without problems due to condensation.
How to Specify Partitions, to Meet and Exceed Healthcare Building Requirements
Primarily focusing on the specifying partitions to meet the requirements of HTM 08-01 the presentation also covers the other criteria designers need to meet (such as fire resistance, accommodating services and sustainability) in order to achieve the optimum specification.
Gypsum Ceilings Designed to Perform – Sound Advice for a Safer and Better Environment
This seminar will cover:
- The background to gypsum as a material, exploring some of the myths and misconceptions on what gypsum ceilings are capable of delivering, finishing with an overview of gypsum ceiling products.
- Acoustics, the legislation and standards, alongside acoustic theory and research, and how this can be used to allow designers to achieve excellence in design.
- How gypsum ceilings can be used to create better environments and the British Gypsum approach to sustainable construction.
Best Practice Design Seminar: No 1 Building Acoustics
This seminar enables specifiers to ascertain the performance required and then to prepare a suitable specification with detailing to ensure that optimum acoustic performance is achieved.