Saint-Gobain Ecophon are innovative leaders in integrated ceiling systems, meeting your design and performance needs to create better environments for the eye, the ear and the mind.
Old Brick Kiln
CPD booking contact
Tel: +44 (0)1256 850989
Approved CPD materials
Understanding and Achieving Acoustic Standards in Schools
We know that for hearing impaired children the acoustic environment can be the most important factor in terms of participation within mainstream classes. The Essex Study, financed and investigated impartially, also reveals the impact of differing acoustic environments on hearing pupils and teachers. Current standards and the varying options for refurbishing a classroom are discussed and analysed, with some surprising but beneficial outcomes for all.
Room Acoustic Comfort
This seminar will provide the specifier with knowledge of:
- Room acoustics
- The implications of room type and activity
- The different acoustic requirements for different types of space
Ceiling Design Solutions
This seminar aims to show architects design issues with ceilings, making them think more about design and informing them of relevant regulations and standards.
Acoustics in Modern Teaching & Learning Environments
This seminar will help raise awareness of the benefits of a good acoustic educational environment with reference to independent research detailing tangible benefits for the teacher and pupil. It describes the importance of the educational process and the key contribution of acoustics, outlines learning styles and looks at how the research can support better educational outcomes.
Acoustics in High Care Environments
This seminar will provide:
- A greater awareness of the impact of noise on employees and companies
- An understanding of basic acoustic principles
- An understanding of cleaning methods
- An understanding of the use of air pressures
- An understanding of standards for interior finishes
- An understanding of what products are suitable for use
Acoustics in Education
This seminar will look at:
- Who is affected by poor acoustics?
- Heriot-Watt University Research
- BB93 and the Equality Act 2010
- Bremen Research
Acoustic Requirements for Healthcare
This seminar aims to demonstrate the effect of acoustics in healthcare and show recommendations and solutions to the associated problems using case studies.
Acoustic Design for the Modern Office
This seminars aims to:
- Explain the evolution of the modern office
- Show the issues that modern office design has created, supported with key research
- Introduce relevant acoustic concepts
- Show how issues can be resolved through improved acoustic design