The Glass and Glazing Federation (GGF) represents companies who make, supply or fit, glass and glass related products in the UK and internationally. The GGF is the main representative organisation for companies involved in all aspects of the manufacture of flat glass and products and services for all types of glazing, in commercial and domestic sectors.
Glass and Glazing Federation (GGF)
54 Ayres Street
Fax: +44 (0)870 042 4266
CPD booking contact
Tel: +44 (0)20 7939 9101
Approved CPD materials
Safe and Secure with Security Glazing
- The reaction of glazing systems under blast with short videos showing methods of testing glazing systems exposed to various types of bomb explosive
- Explanation of the testing methods and standards used in blast assessment of glazing systems
- Testing for impact resistance detailing the standards for testing and classifying glass subject to human impact and the Building Regulation (AD N) requirements for safety glazing in critical areas
- Ballistic protection and the protection given by correctly specified glazing
Noise and Acoustic Glazing
- Noise is a serious problem in many domestic and commercial situation which, with the desire to design buildings with as much natural light as possible, is difficult to overcome with many relatively light weight building materials.
- Glass and glazed screens are lighter materials and by having knowledge of the ways that glass and glazing systems can be specified, significant levels of sound attenuation can be achieved, making the living or work space more comfortable for the people to live or work in.
- This seminar is designed to provide an insight into controlling sound transmission through glazing systems.
Life Safety and Fire-Resistant Glazed Systems
- The risk of fire to life safety in buildings is a serious threat when design light and spacious buildings
- Fire-resistant glazed systems offer architects the ability to use glazed systems to achieve their design aspirations whilst also meeting the life safety needs of the occupants
- This seminar is designed to show how to specify fire-resistant glazed systems to achieve these objectives
Buildings and Energy Efficient Glazing
This seminar explores:
- The methods by which energy (heat) is lost through the fabric of buildings
- How glass performs as an insulator and how its performance can be enhanced
- Building regulations and how they impact on glazing
- Specifying energy efficient glazing