Häfele UK is a leading supplier of architectural hardware and furniture fittings. Our project team are all members of the Guild of Architectural Ironmongers and hold the GAI Diploma qualification.
Häfele UK Ltd
Swift Valley Industrial Estate
CPD booking contact
Mr Gary King
Tel: +44 (0)1788 548203
Approved CPD materials
Defining Electronic Access Controls
This seminar reviews the benefits and drawbacks of electric locking and control systems. You will be able to gain an understanding of an electronic access control system, the elements that make up these systems and correct specification.
Frameless Glass Fittings for Doors Screens and Canopies
This seminar gives guidance on the correct glass types to be used with hardware for non-structural shopfronts and interior doors. It includes discussion on the different options for frameless glass designs, their appropriate uses, the basic properties of glass and design constraints for fixings.
Specifying Architectural Hardware for Inclusive Design
- To understand the various legislation covering universal access including the Equality Act, BS8300:2009 and Document M
- Specifying door hardware for accessible routes (door furniture, thresholds and opening forces
- Speciying hardware for accessible bathrooms and changing rooms
Specifying Door Ironmongery: A Basic Guide
This seminar will:
- Provide a guide to the five basic elements that are used when specifying door hardware
- Examine hardware that is used to hang, operate, lock, close and protect a door in detail
- Provide information on the building standards to be taken into account for each element
- Provide examples of generic door sets for common openings
The What, Why and Where of Sliding Door Gear
This seminar will enable the architect to understand how sliding systems work and in what applications sliding, sliding folding and sliding stacking systems can be used. It includes information on the mechanics of door gear systems and their advantages/disadvantages.