HEWI (UK) Ltd is a 100% owned subsidiary of HEWI Heinrich Wilke GmbH, supplying architectural ironmongery, handrail and balustrading, bathroom accessories and fittings for people with disabilities.
HEWI (UK) Ltd
Gillingham Business Park
Fax: +44 (0)1634 370612
CPD booking contact
Sales & Marketing Department
Tel: +44 (0)1634 377688
Approved CPD materials
Sanitary and Accessibility: Design and Function for All - Under Assessment
Inclusive Design - Contrasting Visually
This seminar offers guidance on inclusive design, information on visual contrast and interviews with specialists within the field of inclusive design.
Door Furniture for All to Handle
This seminar offers highlights perceived problems with The Equality Act, BS 8300:2001 and Part M of the building regulations relating to door furniture and offers solutions. The seminar looks at these three pieces of statutory requirements, where we are and how we got there. Some time is spent discussing what is "reasonable" regarding Document M, what are Light Reflectance Values and why they exist.
Architectural Handrail and Balustrades, Contemporary Design to Meet Regulations
This seminar will:
- Highlight various requirements within these documents with regard to handrails
- Give a brief explanation/history of the Equality Act /BS8300:2001 (with BS8300:2009 amendements) and Document M, where we are and how we got there
- Consider design considerations and confirm the requirements within these documents regarding handrails
- Discuss what is resonable regarding Document M "Access to and use of buildings"
- Light reflectance values (LRV) what is it and why?
- Disability Rights Commission (DRC), who they are and what they do?
An Introduction to Living Without Barriers
This seminar aims to impart a basic knowledge of designing for disabled access, incorporating the design and use of door fixings, stairways, handrails and ramps, and the benefits of a coloured environment.