Gilgen Door Systems UK is a world leader in the manufacture, supply, installation and maintenance of automatic commercial and industrial door systems.
Gilgen Door Systems UK Ltd
CPD booking contact
Tel: +44 (0)800 316 6994
Approved CPD materials
Legislation - Design Implications for Specifying Automatic Doors
This seminar is designed to assist architects in selecting the most suitable automatic door types for a wide variety of commercial and industrial applications. This impartial, informative seminar discusses the impact of a variety of recent legislation (part M, Part B, BS7036, BS7273-4:2007, BS8300, BS5588, Equality Act) upon door selection and how relevant considerations can be successfully addressed and so ensure easy access for all.
Legislation Affecting Automatic Door Specification: Ensuring Safety and Minimising Risk
This CPD aims to:
- Familiarise specifiers with appropriate legislation and standards impacting on product specification
- Provide understanding about the key elements that need to be addressed in order to minimise risk
- Develop knowledge to enable more informed choices to be made
Security Rated Vehicle Access Doors: Specification Considerations
On completing this seminar you will:
- Understand which regulations/testing standards and best practice information relates to vehicle entrance doors.
- Have a greater understanding of the design and specification of security rated doors, drives and controls.
- Become knowledgeable enough to explain industrial door installation and product compliance to colleagues, clients and regulatory authorities.
- Be able to make an informed choice of security rated industrial door products and the advantages of certification. schemes.
Specifying Automatic Doors for Healthcare Environments
This seminar equips busy architects with an appreciation of the key safety considerations relating to key types of automatic door (sliding, swinging and folding) and how they can be addressed.
Identifies the requiremetns concering the correct application of automatic doors within the health sector as definde in: The Building Note 00-04 (2013), BSEN 16005, Part M, The Equality Act and BS8300 to ensure safe and easy access for all.
Specifying Industrial Doors: What to Look For?
This seminar will provide:
- An overview of legislation and environmental issues that may need to be considered when specifying industrial doors
- An understanding of product and suitable application
- Available options to suit particular applications including energy efficiency
A Designers Guide to Specifying Automatic Doors Safely and in Compliance with BS7036
- BS7036 is the principle standard defining the safe use of any type of automatic door in a commercial/public environment
- Informative presentation offering a succinct and easy to digest overview of this standard
- Explanation of why adherence to this particular standard is required
- Equips busy architects with an appreciation of the key safety considerations relating to each particular type of automatic door (sliding, folding, swing and revolving) and how they can be addressed
Automatic Doors: The Needs of Disabled Users
Designed to provide architects/specifiers with knowledge and confidence regarding correct door selection having given due consideration to the needs of disabled users:
- Identification of applicable legislation and standards
- Defining disability parameters
- Practical and commercial considerations
- Key areas that need to be addressed (visability, clearance widths, signage, audible warnings)
- Special considerations
- fire doors
- Automatic door type (sliding, folding, swing and revolving) suitability per application
Fire Safety: Considerations for Both Automatic Entrance Doors and Industrial Doors
This seminar will:
- Highlight and explain the multiple factors that need to be considered to address fire safety
- Provide an informative presentation offering a succinct and easy to digest overview of this important topic
- Equip busy architects with an appreciation of the key safety considerations relating to the application of both automatic entrance doors and industrial doors