Lutron Electronics Co Inc headquartered in Coopersburg, Pennsylvania, is the world’s leading designer and manufacturer
of lighting controls and architectural lighting control systems for residential, commercial and institutional applications. The company
that invented solid-state dimming, Lutron is the most recognised and requested brand in the industry and sells and services products in more than 80 countries around the world. It offers more than 15,000 products.
Lutron EA Ltd
6 Sovereign Close
CPD booking contact
Mr Martin Preston
Tel: +44 (0)20 7702 0657
Approved CPD materials
Transforming Light and Space
This seminar explains the use of lighting control as a design enhancement.
Total light management for commercial buildings
This presentation will cover lighting control in the office space. We will review the fundamentals of lighting control in this space, the economic and social motivators for lighting control in offices, and we will apply lighting control to the key spaces within in an office and outline the benefits.
Light is very powerful and includes controlling the impact of the sun on a space as much as control of the electric light. A good balance of sunlight (and resulting glare) and electric light creates a more idealised environment for both comfort and energy efficiency.
Innovative Light Management Solutions
The purpose of this seminar is:
- To introduce energy saving/sustainability through differing light control strategies
- Increase productivity and comfort in the workplace
- To help you make informed choices and decisions when designing or considering a light control project within a large or small commercial space
Fabric and Tapestries - How to Choose the Best Solar Protection for Windows: Fabric Blinds
Choosing the right fabric is essential to ensuring cost-effective, environmentally-friendly and aesthetically pleasing solution.
By selecting the right fabric you can increase daylight harvesting and in turn, reduce electric light consumption. Occupants’ comfort and productivity can be greatly improved with greater glare control. Additionally, codes and standards such as BREEAM and LEED can be exceeded by maximising energy efficiency, daylight and views, and environmentally-friendly materials.
Once you have attended our CPD you will be able to:
• Understand the advantages and disadvantages between fabric materials and compositions
• Identify various weave patterns and structures
• Recognise commonly referenced solar performance terminology
• Understand what factors and variables can affect the performance of a solar screen fabric
• Determine how to choose the best fabric considering a project’s priorities or site analysis