Marshalls is a group of specialist businesses, with the collective aim of creating better landscapes, including Concrete Paving, Walling, Drainage, Natural Stone, Street Furniture, Shelters, Lighting and Mortars.
Lowfields Business Park
CPD booking contact
Tel: +44 (0) 845 302 3131
Approved CPD materials
The Structural Design and Detailing of Concrete Block Paved Surfaces
This seminar will provide a greater understanding of the following:
- Knowledge on the history of modular pavements
- Understanding the mechanics of modular pavements
- Understanding the function of structural layers
- Understanding current guidance documents
- Traffic loading and design considerations (design example)
- Understanding the importance of correct design and detailing
- Understanding the construction of modular pavements
- Examples of how design awareness can be cost effective
Materials Used in Street Furniture and Exterior Lighting
This seminar reviews the options for lighting the urban landscape, from the regulations that must be met, guidelines from a variety of sources and what effects lamp and luminaire can have on the final scheme.
Relevant for urban designers and landscape architects this seminar hi-lights the legal requirements and gives some factors to consider when reviewing a lighting strategy for a project.
Lighting the Landscape
This seminar will:
- Review the options for lighting the urban landscape
- Review regulations that must be met and guidelines from a variety of sources
- Look at the effects lamp and luminaire can have on the final scheme
Introduction to Permeable Paving
This seminar will provide information on:
- What is SuDS?
- Why is there a need for SuDS?
- Is there any government guidance or legislation to follow?
- Adoption of CBPP
- Can SuDS and CBPP help meet the requirements of future water?
- What is CBPP and how does it work and where it can be used?
- Understanding the construction of CBPP
Designing for Mobility: Tactile Paving Surfaces
This seminar will cover:
- Equality Act
- Defining disability
- Current guidance
- Tactile finishes
- Other tactile requirements
- Design challenges and solutions
Counter-Terrorism Design: An Introduction to Hostile Vehicle Mitigation and BSI PAS 68
- Following events in recent years, the threat of international terroism has risen to unprecendented levels
- A key element of the government's strategy to reduce these threats is to stregthen the UK's physical protection against vehicle-borne attacks, through encouraging the early adoption of counter-terrorism principles in design and planning process
- This seminar highlights the threats and potential solutions, focusing on hostile vehicle mitigation and the PAS 68 impact testing standard for vehicle security barriers
- Highlights the key considerations in counter-terroism design and how protective measures can be incorporated into landscapes without compromising design quality
An Introduction to the Design and Installation of Modular Pavements
- A clear introduction into the various methods of creating hard paved spaces, using modular paving materials.
- The importance of correct design and detail appropriate to the pavements intended use and classifies the design and installation code of practice standard, for each modular paving material.
- Examines the different methods of installing modular pavements ranging from traditional methods to innovate automated solutions.
- Provides a broad spectrum of on-site best practice techniques to achieve a high standard for installation.
- Reviews various laying pattern configurations to compliment different applications.
An Introduction to Linear Drainage Systems
This seminar will cover:
- What is linear drainage?
- Why linear drainage?
- Introduction to commonly used systems
- Design principles, examples and general guidelines
- Relevant standards