SFS intec Ltd - Manufacturer distributor of fastening systems and ancillary components for the construction and fenestration industry.
SFS intec Ltd
153 Kirkstall Road
CPD booking contact
Mr Chris Duffy
Tel: +44 (0)113 208 5500
Approved CPD materials
Hinge Technology - Secured by Design
This seminar aims:
- To address the ignorance as to what really constitutes a secure door, the steps that should be taken to ensure compliance to PAS 024 and SBD
- To highlight how choosing the wrong components can be detrimental in compliance with Parts 'M' & 'L' of the Building Regulations
- To prove that aesthetics need not be compromised for the sake of performance
- To show the thermal efficiency of the window or door is only part of the story. Out boarding of windows and doors will become commonplace over the next few years. Cutting corners here will lead to high remedial and maintenance costs. Advise on getting this right first time.
Rainscreen Systems...What Lies Beneath: A Detailed Guide to The Fixing of Rain Screen Systems
This seminar aims to cover:
- Basic rainscreen construction and specification issues.
- The need to consider detailed structural requirements and the need for detailed specification of fastening systems.
- Innovative fastening systems, and ongoing issues regarding meaningful warranties.
A Designer's Guide to Specifying Warranted 316 Austenitic Stainless Steel Fasteners and Sealants
Fastener specification is critical to the performance of roofing and cladding systems. The fastener works in close combination with sealants, so therefore the specification of the fastener and sealing products needs to be addressed at the early stages of detail design, to allow the completed envelope to perform throughout its life.
This design guide addresses the principle performance criteria of fasteners and sealants, namely durability (corrosion resistance), weathersealing, the Part L issues of airsealing and thermal bridging, aesthetics, and technical performance.
Air-Tight Thermal Efficiency Cost Effective Design for Roofing and Cladding Systems
This seminar will help you to:
- Gain an understanding of air-tightness issues
- Understand the commercial implications of the SBEM certificate
- Gain a detailed understanding of system specification and its impact on the energy performance of the project
- Provide cost effective system specifications
Flat Roof Design: A Guide to Good Practice for The Attachment of Single Ply Membrane Systems
This seminar will provide:
- A detailed examination of the requirements of document part L2, from a single ply roofing perspective
- A description of thermal bridging and corrosion issues
- A comparison of mechanical fixing and chemically adhered systems
- An explanation of wind load requirements and environmental issues
- Meaningful warranties