SFS intec Ltd - Manufacturer distributor of fastening systems and ancillary components for the construction and fenestration industry.
SFS intec Ltd
153 Kirkstall Road
Fax: +44 (0)113 208 5539
CPD booking contact
Mr Chris Duffy
Tel: +44 (0)113 208 5500
Approved CPD materials
Structural and Corrosion Considerations of Fasteners in Roofing Cladding and Rain-screen Systems.
Aimed at Structural Engineers, Architects, and other Construction professionals.
This seminar takes a detailed look at corrosion issues.
We examine closely the assembly of Rain-screen and Façade systems, and give detailed advice on the importance of selecting the correct fastener in terms of material choice and performance.
We also give advice on the selection of metals relative to their environment, giving a detailed explanation of BS-EN-ISO 12944, Surface Protection Guide for Steelwork Exposed to Atmospheric Conditions.
The seminar also gives definitive advice on the use of fasteners in a swimming pool environment
Shedding Some Light on Photovoltaic Systems: Examining the Issues of Attachment to the Building Envelope
An explanation of alternative energy sources globally, with particular focus on Photovoltaic panels.
We examine the efficiency of PVs given the changes in Government policy and take a detailed look at feed in tariffs.
We go on to focus, and compare the various methods of securing these panels in terms of warranty versus payback.
Sectional Window Hardware Fixings - Making the Right Choice
This seminar looks at the importance of fasteners used to attach hardware to casement windows.
Rainscreen Systems...What Lies Beneath: A Detailed Guide to The Fixing of Rain Screen Systems
This seminar aims to cover:
- Basic rainscreen construction and specification issues.
- The need to consider detailed structural requirements and the need for detailed specification of fastening systems.
- Innovative fastening systems, and ongoing issues regarding meaningful warranties.
Performance of Fasteners and Seals within Roofing and Cladding Systems
This seminar aims to draw to specifiers attention the importance and functions of fasteners to enable appropriate specification at design stage.
Glass Attachment Systems - Allowing You to Design - Under Assessment
Glass Attachment Systems
This seminar offers an awareness of and guidance for several fixing systems which can be used for "frameless" attachment of glass to structures, in and on buildings. This seminar will:
- Provide guidance on the types of bolted/clamp assemblies used to attach glass
- Enable listeners to feel confident when specifying these attachment systems
- Increase awareness of frameless glass attachment (opposed to 'in a frame' and 'on a frame' fixing)
- Assist the audience in understanding the range of applications, external and internal
- Look at design considerations for daylight in buildings
- Cover glass; what the market is and structural types
- Correct specifications and warranty
- Case studies
Future Proof Fenestration
This seminar aims:
- To address the ignorance as to what really constitutes a secure door, the steps that should be taken to ensure compliance to PAS 024 and SBD
- To highlight how choosing the wrong components can be detrimental in compliance with Parts 'M' & 'L' of the Building Regulations
- To prove that aesthetics need not be compromised for the sake of performance
- To show the thermal efficiency of the window or door is only part of the story. Out boarding of windows and doors will become commonplace over the next few years. Cutting corners here will lead to high remedial and maintenance costs. Advise on getting this right first time.
Flat Roof Design: A Guide to Good Practice for The Attachment of Single Ply Membrane Systems
This seminar will provide:
- A detailed examination of the requirements of document part L2, from a single ply roofing perspective
- A description of thermal bridging and corrosion issues
- A comparison of mechanical fixing and chemically adhered systems
- An explanation of wind load requirements and environmental issues
- Meaningful warranties
Corrosion Plus - How Important are the Fasteners? - Under Assessment
Air-Tight Thermal Efficiency Cost Effective Design for Roofing and Cladding Systems
This seminar will help you to:
- Gain an understanding of air-tightness issues
- Understand the commercial implications of the SBEM certificate
- Gain a detailed understanding of system specification and its impact on the energy performance of the project
- Provide cost effective system specifications
A Designer's Guide to Specifying Warranted Austenitic Stainless Steel Fasteners and Sealants
Fastener specification is critical to the performance of roofing and cladding systems. The fastener works in close combination with sealants, so therefore the specification of the fastener and sealing products needs to be addressed at the early stages of detail design, to allow the completed envelope to perform throughout its life. This design guide addresses the principle performance criteria of fasteners and sealants, namely durability (corrosion resistance), weathersealing, the Part L issues of airsealing and thermal bridging, aesthetics, and technical performance.