VELUX is one of the strongest brands in the global building materials industry with over 60 years’ experience of creating better living and working environments with natural daylight and fresh air through the roof.
VELUX Company Ltd
CPD booking contact
Tel: +44 (0) 1536 510020
Approved CPD materials
The Importance of Daylight in Design
This seminar will cover the following topics to do with daylight design:
- Daylight factor
- Daylight experiments
- Daylight visualiser
Sustainable Living: Model Home 2020 - Home for Life
Type: Online Learning
This seminar will provide an:
- Introduction to the Model Home 2020 project
- A real life experiement to show the importance of energy efficiency, indoor comfort and visionary architecture
- The applications of renewable energies in a home
Sustainable Living: Model Home 2020 - Green Lighthouse
Type: Online Learning
This online learning will provide:
- An introduction to the Model Home 2020 project
- A real life experiment to show the importance of energy efficiency, indoor comfort and visionary architecture
- The applications of renewable energies in a public building
Solar Hot Water Excellence by Design
Reduction of carbon dioxide has become an important political focus, with governments setting targets and driving legislation solar thermal plays an important role in using renewable energy to held reduce carbon dioxide emissions.
Optimising Energy in Design
This seminar will illustrate two houses which incorporate roof windows that are energy efficient/sustainable.
Designing for Health in Housing
This semianr highlights the importance of considering the health & well being of occupants at design stage and identifies key elements in supporting health & well being in thermal comfort and indoor air quality.
• Identifies use of essential natural elements to support this – daylight and fresh air
• Provides overview of the need for climate renovation – refurbishment of existing building stock
• Provides introduction to the Active House principles
• Offers simple solutions with the use of simulation software to check design proposals
This seminar aims to help delegates:
- understand the importance of daylight in design of commercial buildings
- understand the importance of ventilation in design of commercial buildings
- appreciate the critical nature of the above in achieving a healthy indoor environment
- appreciate the benefits associated in achieving a healthy indoor environment
- to showcase what can be achieved
Bringing Light to Life
This seminar will provide an overview of the importance of daylight and fresh air and considers a number of factors when designing with roof windows. It deals with the issue of sustainability in relation to this topic.
Best Practice Roof Window Installation Demonstration
This practical demonstration aims to highlight the main considerations when installing roof windows. By seeing first hand a roof window being installed to best practice it offers an opportunity to understand the main considerations and benefits of optimal roof window positioning, installation principles and optimising energy efficiency.
Active House CPD (Part 1)
- Active House, an emerging concept defined
- The Active House concept brough to life and the pan European Model Home 2020 project