The AluK Group is a leader in the design and manufacture of a range of aluminium building systems, combining years of experience in the development of innovative solutions that improve our living and working environments. AluK delivers not only the highest performance products but also the service and support that facilitate successful projects including the availability of free CoBie compliant BIM content. For more than 40 years around the world and more than 20 years in the UK, AluK has been at the forefront of the design of aluminium curtain walling, window and door systems, combining unique and innovative solutions that deliver high performance, with the aesthetic appeal demanded by today's modern building designs. All our products have undergone extensive and rigorous testing procedures and hold accreditations including CWCT, BS4873, Secured By Design, PAS 24, LPS117:SR2, BBA, CE Marking, ISO9001:2000 and ISO14001:2004.
AluK (GB) Ltd
CPD booking contact
Mr Jordan Kingman
Tel: +44 (0)1633 810440
Approved CPD materials
Aluminium Curtain Wall: Design, Performance and Standards
This seminar aims to provide:
- Knowledge of where curtain walling should be used and confidence in using it as a design solution.
- Knowledge of which standards and regulations need to be adhered to and what they may be.
- An understanding of how curtain walling works as a façade system.
- Understanding the different options for curtain walling.
Building Information Modelling 'Aluminium façade Systems - modelling, design, construction, standards and collaboration'
The aim of this seminar is to give an overview of Building Information Modelling and understand how product manufacturers fit into the process with particular attention to façade systems, it follows the remaining themes.
• Building Information Modelling an overview of what BIM means
• How façade system 3-D objects are incorporated into the design
• Modelling and system parametrics of 3-D objects
• The BIM design and construction processes relating to façade systems
• Standards and regulations for BIM
• Collaboration is key to BIM why