Located within Worcestershire, AKW is a market leader in the provision of high quality showering, daily living and kitchen solutions for inclusive living. With over 25 years experience in designing and manufacturing products particularly for the special needs market. The AKW name has become synonymous with innovative design, easy installation, quality and safety, providing customers with products and services that ensure and enhance an independent lifestyle.
AKW supply solutions to the majority of local authorities, housing associations and contractors within the UK through a highly experienced national sales team. It also has a growing reputation in the care homes and retirement housing market and specification sector. The national sales team and trained surveyors provide detailed product knowledge and advice on which products would best suit individual requirements.
AKW also work with all national merchants and distribution groups and continually invest in the supply chain network.
CPD booking contact
Mr Kevin Pearce
Tel: +44 (0)1905 823274
Approved CPD materials
Level Access Showering - Showering For Independent Living
The presentation focuses on delivering learning about how level access can be created in the bathroom to enable people with mobility needs to access showering area safely and freely. The presentation gives details about the benefits of creating level access with a wet room formers as well as shower trays and what key considerations need to be taken into account when specifying these solutions.
Designing Accessible Kitchens
Designing Accessible Kitchens CPD presentation
- The presentation focuses on delivering learning about how inclusive and accessible kitchens can be created in any home
- How they can make the lives of everyone using them easier as well as making that process safe and comfortable
- The presentation gives details about the principles of inclusive design
- Considerations to make throughout he survey process
- What features, benefits and options should be considered when specifying these solutions.