The UK Timber Frame Association is the voice of the timber frame industry, including designers, manufacturers and those that sell to developpers and self-builders. The UKTFA is here to tell people about the benefits of timber frame construction and its use, effectively and safely.
The Structural Timber Association (STA)
Cooperage Way Business Village
CPD booking contact
Mr Bob Davis
Tel: +44 (0)7889 702559
Approved CPD materials
An Understanding of Timber Frame Construction (Factory Tour)
Type: Factory Visit
This tour covers the process of timber frame production and constrcution from the material store through to the several mechanical cutting, nailing and finishing procedures to the finished product and delivery to the yard where they are stacked.
It will also cover how materials are checked and located within the curtilage of the site and stacking according to a construction programme, ready for delivery to the Clients’ site.
- Benefits of Offsite Manufacture presentation
- Office CAD demo
- timber frame design & scheduling
- Production information & work orders
- Production planning & outputs
- Factory layout principles
- In coming raw materials
- Procurement principles & sources
- Cross cutting Pre assembly & setting out
- Assembly & labeling, stacking & storage
- Finished goods & Work in progress
- Loading /Shipping Product
- Quality checks
- Quality Management Systems
- Waste & re-cycling
This tour is delivered at multiple factories across the UK.
Building Low Carbon Homes: Principles for Timber Frame Fabric Efficiency
This seminar will provide support to designers and builders who are familiar with the Fabric Energy Efficiency Standard and now want to work up well insulated and airtight timeframe solutions.
Key points addressed :
o Understanding of the Fabric Energy Efficiency Standard (FEES)
o Encourage Good Practice Construction by collaboration
o Enable persons to appreciate the key issues in achieving Good Practice
Provides clear understanding of the key issues of thermal performance, thermal bridging, thermal bypass, airtightness and important influence of sequencing of the construction.
Fire Safety During Construction with Reference to Timber Frame
This seminar aims to provide:
- A brief history of the solutions to fire saftey in timber frame construction
- The background to HSG 168, compliance requirements
- Present industry guidance and solutions
- Plus the biggest sustainable construction agenda