Find out your carbon footprint at the Act on CO2 carbon calculator
- The Department of Energy and Climate Change was created in October 2008, and brings together much of the Climate Change Group, previously housed within the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra), with the Energy Group from the Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (BERR).
- The Department of Environment Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) deals with environment, sustainable development and rural development issues.
- The Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) covers construction legislation, local government, the regions, neighbourhood renewal, planning, regeneration and sustainable construction.
- The Department of Trade and Industry (DTi) covers the construction industry and has a sustainable construction section.
- The Environment Agency is interested in flood prevention, waste and pollution on construction sites, SUDS and operational water use.
- The Energy Saving Trust encourages energy efficiency and the integration of renewable energy sources, and promotes the use of cleaner fuels for transport and better insulation and heating efficiency for buildings and homes. It is a huge resource to finsd out more about what you can do to save energy and combat climate change
- The Sustainable Development Commission is the government's independent advisory body on sustainable development.
- The Carbon Trust aims to help the UK move to a low carbon economy by helping business and the public sector reduce carbon emissions now.
Science and Impacts of Climate Change