As an Associate Member of the RIBA you will be able to access a range of benefits and services to enable your development.
Please note that as an RIBA Associate Member you are not eligible to use the 'RIBA' affix after your name.
Knowledge, research and information
- Receive free, one-to-one, bespoke and specialist guidance on architectural practice, business matters, history, conservation and the work of the RIBA through the dedicated RIBA Information Centre.
- Enhance your skill set and share your views on specialist topics of interest with those who work in the architectural and wider construction profession through the RIBA Knowledge Communities.
- Get the latest news on design and practice with a free subscription to one of the UK's leading architectural monthly magazines (worth over £60 pa), the RIBA Journal.
- Stay up to date on practice, international news, CPD, education and more through the RIBA ebulletins.
- Share your thoughts and debate issues with fellow RIBA Members and staff through the lively online discussion forum - RIBAnet.
- Access an extensive international collection of books, journals, drawings and photographs on the history and practice of architecture, the built environment and landscape design from the British Architectural Library and online library.
- Exchange information and inspiration on topics relating to architecture through the RIBA online community wiki - RIBApedia.
- Receive preferential rates for lectures, seminars and other events within the RIBA Trust programme.
- Access an extensive resource of relevant products and services through the Product Selector Directory.
Business support services
- Access legal, technical and regulatory guidance through free telephone consultations with over 20 practice consultants or RIBA staff with specialist knowledge on a range of topics.
- Tap into tailor made insurance, free legal helpline, advice on warranties and appointment documents, outsourced claims specialists, 24-hour adjudication helpline, and much more through the RIBA Insurance Agency.
Personal and career development
- Maintain your CPD records online with free access to the RIBA's CPD recording system.
- Expand your expertise and interact with potential clients by applying to become an RIBA Client Adviser.
- Access free or low-cost training providers through the free RIBA CPD Providers' Network directory.
- Advance your learning and obtain qualifications and certificates in architecture, design or business management areas through RIBA Skill and Specialist CPD.
- Gain up-to-date knowledge and enhance your expertise on a wide range of subjects, as well as earn CPD points by attending the free CPD Providers Network regional roadshows.
- Access tips, advice and exclusive downloads via the online RIBA CPD section.
In addition to the listed benefits the RIBA works with its members to provide services and advice to reflect the changing landscape of the industry.
The RIBA Recession Survival Kit provides guidance and support to help all members of the RIBA through the challenges of an economic downturn and leave them in a healthy position for when the economy recovers.
The RIBA is constantly reviewing and improving the benefits and services it provides and welcomes feedback about this at all stages.