As an RIBA Chartered Member, you will be able to access a wide range of exclusive benefits and services that deliver the tools and support to help you excel in your career and stay ahead of the competition.
Knowledge, research and information
- Receive free specialist guidance on architectural practise, business matters, history and the work of the RIBA through the dedicated RIBA Information Centre.
- Enhance your skill set and share your views on specialist topics of interest with those who work in the architectural and wider construction profession through the RIBA Knowledge Communities.
- Get the latest news on design and practise with a free subscription to one of the UK’s leading architectural monthly magazines (worth over £60p.a.) – RIBA Journal.
- Stay up-to-date on practice, international news, CPD information, recession support and more through the RIBA e-bulletins.
- Share your thoughts and debate issues with fellow RIBA members and staff through the lively online discussion forum – RIBAnet.
- Access an extensive collection of books, journals, drawings and photographs on architecture, the built environment and landscape design from the British Architectural Library and online library.
- Exchange information and inspiration on topics relating to architecture through the RIBA online community wiki - RIBApedia.
- Receive preferential rates for lectures, seminars and other RIBA Trust events.
- Access an extensive resource of relevant products and services through the Product Selector Directory.
Business support services
- Access legal, technical and regulatory guidance through free telephone consultation with over 20 practice consultants or RIBA staff with specialist knowledge on a range of topics.
- Tap into tailor made insurance, free legal helpline, advice on warranties and appointment documents and much more through the RIBA Insurance Agency.
Raise your profile and attract clients
- Use of the ‘RIBA’ affix and the title ‘Chartered Architect’ to signal your excellence.
- Communicate your quality amongst clients and colleagues by using the RIBA crest on your personal stationery.
- Entry into the online RIBA Chartered Members directory.
Personal and career development
- Maintain your CPD records online with free access to the RIBA’s CPD recording system.
- Expand your expertise and interact with potential clients by applying to become an RIBA Client Design Advisor.
- Access free or low-cost training providers through the free RIBA CPD Providers’ Network directory.
- Advance your learning and obtain qualifications and certificates, in architecture, design or business management areas through RIBA Skill and Specialist CPD.
- Gain up-to-date knowledge and enhance your expertise on a wide range of subjects, as well as earning CPD points by attending the free CPD Providers Network regional roadshows.
- Access tips, advice and exclusive downloads via the online RIBA CPD section.
In addition to the listed benefits, the RIBA works with its members to provide services and advice to reflect the changing landscape of the industry.
The RIBA Recession Survival Kit provides guidance and support to help all members of the RIBA through the challenges of an economic downturn and leave them in a healthy position for when the economy recovers.
The RIBA is constantly reviewing and improving the benefits and services it provides and welcomes feedback from you about this.