To become an RIBA Chartered Practice, your office will need to meet the criteria listed below. If registering more than one office, each separate practice will need to demonstrate and declare the following:
- At least one of your full-time principals (Director or Partner) must be an RIBA Chartered Member and on the ARB register.
- All of your architectural work must be supervised by an RIBA Chartered Member who is on the ARB register.
- At least one in eight of all staff employed in your practice must be on the ARB register, or an Associate Member of the RIBA or a CIAT member with RIBA Affiliate Membership.
- At least one in 10 of all staff employed in your practice must be an RIBA Chartered Member or Associate Member.
- Your practice must have a current and appropriate Professional Indemnity Insurance policy.
- Your practice must operate an appropriate Quality Management System.
- Your practice must operate an appropriate Health and Safety Policy.
- Your practice must have a written employment policy in place which addresses the principles of the RIBA policy statement on employment.
- Your practice must have an appropriate continuing professional development (CPD) framework in place.
- Your practice must operate an appropriate environmental management policy.
- Your practice must commit to paying at least the statutory minimum wage to architecture students working within the practice. These students must be undertaking experience which complies with the RIBA's practical training rule, and should be completing appropriate records on the RIBA's PEDR website as part of the accreditation criteria.
- All practices will be required to take part in RIBA Business Benchmarking by 29 November 2013.
For more information please click on 'How to Apply' and download the application and declaration form.