Photographing the New

Telephone Box

K2 telephone box, Ladbroke Grove, London, 1926

K2 telephone box, Ladbroke Grove, London, 1926
© English Heritage: BL28503


Bedford Lemere & Co. photographed one of the first K2 telephone kiosks installed in London. The Post Office, the owner of the national telephone system, had invited three respected architects to submit designs for a new standard kiosk. The winner was Sir Giles Gilbert Scott. The photograph was taken for manufacturers of the kiosk, W. Macfarlane & Co. of Glasgow.

 
 
Top of page