Holy Trinity, Prince Consort Road, London
The interior, looking east
Ink and pencil and watercolour, by H.W. Brewer
Exhibited at the Royal Academy, London, 1901 and 1902
RIBA Library Drawings and Archives Collection
Holy Trinity was designed by Bodley for a confined site behind the Albert Hall. Inside, he created a feeling of great spaciousness with a lofty double north aisle and a continuous nave and chancel. With its bare black-and-white chequer floor and Flemish-inspired reredos, the building evokes a Dutch or Flemish painting of a late-medieval Netherlandish church.