The RIBA is pleased to announce the shortlist in competition to develop proposals for the transformation of King's Square, Gloucester's largest and most important public square. Chosen from over 40 applicants, they are :
- Federico Oliva Associati & DA-A, Milan
- Townshend Landscape Architects, London
- Niall McLaughlin Architects with Churchman Landscape Architects, London
- Adam Khan Architects with Land Use Consultants and General Public Agency, London
- McDowell + Benedetti Architects with Whitelaw Turkington Landscape Architects, London
- Gustafson Porter Ltd, London
The competition promoters, Gloucester Heritage Urban Regeneration Company Ltd, will be looking for a design that is creative and practical, respects the city's historic context and at the same time creates a thrilling and distinctive contemporary sense of place. The teams will present their design proposals to a panel of judges in early April.