The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) is welcoming nominations for the Annie Spink Award, presented in recognition of an outstanding contribution to architectural education.
This biennial award is open to individuals or groups teaching in a school that offers RIBA validated courses in the UK or internationally. Nominees will have made a substantial contribution to architectural education over a number of years, be involved in the development of architectural education and be directly engaged in the processes of teaching and learning.
The deadline for nominations is Wednesday 12 September 2012 at 5pm. Winners of the award receive the Annie Spink trophy and £10,000. The President of the RIBA will present the Annie Spink Award in a ceremony at the RIBA, 66 Portland Place W1 on 5 December 2012.
This year's judging panel includes:
- Chair: Oliver Richards (RIBA Vice-President Education; Founder and Director, ORMS)
- Neil Lamb (Course Leader, Robert Gordon University)
- Mohsen Mostafavi (Dean, Graduate School of Design, Harvard University)
- Charlotte Reynolds (Part 1 graduate, Bartlett School of Architecture, UCL, and winner of the RIBA Donaldson Medal)
- Melkan Gursel Tabanlioglu (Partner, Tabanlioglu Architects)
- Ivana Wingham (Leader of Architecture, University of Brighton)
Past winners of the prestigious Annie Spink Award include Peter Cook, David Greene, Dean Hawkes, Andrew MacMillan, Isi Metzstein, Wolf Prix, Peter Salter, Dalibor Vesely, and Elia Zenghelis.