The jury for the prestigious 2012 RIBA Stirling Prize for architecture has today been revealed by Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA). The RIBA Stirling Prize is awarded to the architects of the building that has made the greatest contribution to British architecture in the past year.
The 2012 RIBA Stirling Prize judges are:
- Sir Nicholas Grimshaw (chair) – architect and former President of the Royal Academy
- Joanna van Heyningen - architect, Van Heyningen & Haward Architects, UK
- Hilde Daem - architect, Robbrecht + Daem, Belgium
- Naomi Cleaver - designer, writer and broadcaster
- Sir Mark Jones, Master of St Cross College Oxford, and Director of the Victoria and Albert Museum
The RIBA Stirling Prize will be presented at a ceremony in Manchester on Saturday 13 October 2012 with a drinks reception at Manchester Town Hall and dinner at Manchester Central Convention Complex. Tickets are now on sale, further information is can be found on architecture.com.