SAVE THE DATE:
On Sunday 22 July the shortlist will be announced for the 2012 RIBA Stirling Prize. The RIBA Stirling Prize, now in its 17th year, is the UK's most prestigious architecture prize. The winner will be announced at a special event in Manchester on Saturday 13 October 2012.
The Observer is national media partner for the 2012 RIBA Stirling Prize; The Architects' Journal is the trade media partner for the RIBA Stirling Prize.
Previous winners of the RIBA Stirling Prize include: The Evelyn Grace Academy, London (2011) and MAXXI Museum, Rome by Zaha Hadid Architects (2010), Maggie's Centre at Charing Cross Hospital by Rogers, Stirk, Harbour + Parners (2009); Accordia by Feilden Clegg Bradley Studios/Alison Brooks Architects/Maccreanor Lavington (2008); The Museum of Modern Literature, Marbach am Neckar, Germany by David Chipperfield Architects (2007).
Notes to editors
- For further press information, please contact Beatrice Cooke in the RIBA Press Office – firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7307 3813
- The RIBA Stirling Prize shortlist is selected from winners of the RIBA Awards – full details can be found at www.architecture.com/awards
- The Observer, published by Guardian News & Media, is the world's oldest Sunday newspaper. It is celebrated around the world for its journalistic excellence, liberal values and vigorous campaigning across a wide range of issues www.observer.co.uk
- Established in 1895, The Architects' Journal has consistently been at the forefront of architectural publishing. Its weekly news coverage, comprehensive building studies and in-depth technical and practice features make it essential reading for the profession, and its incisive commentary makes it a must-read for opinion formers www.architectsjournal.co.uk
- The Royal Institute of British Architects champions better buildings, communities and the environment through architecture and our members. www.architecture.com