RIBA South/South East
- delivers a range of Continuing Professional Development events across the south east
- administers the RIBA Awards in the region
- administers a highly successful student mentoring scheme across the region’s five Schools of Architecture
- supports the Branches’ delivery of Student Prizes in the five Schools
- is taking a lead in the RIBA delivery of local design review
- organises the RIBA Love Architecture festival in the south east
- is a source of information and signposting for members and public about RIBA and regional matters.
Room GO7/GO8Building LO11, University of Reading
Reading RG1 5AQ
Tel: +44 (0)118 987 4900
Fax: +44 (0)118 931 4493
News from RIBA South/South East
Click on the stories below from the South/South East region at the RIBA.
This is a Call To Arms, or rather, a Call to Buckets and Spades … it's time we got a proper contest between architects for the Sandcastle Challenge.
The RIBA is committed to supporting students, by helping them to develop towards becoming fully-qualified architects. The student mentoring scheme is offered through RIBA regional offices to third-year Part 1 undergraduates at Schools of Architectur…
Join us at a free seminar in Oxford, London or Gateshead to find out more about the recent legislation on workplace pensions and how the RIBA can help.
RIBA CPD Providers Network member The Lead Sheet Association is holding one-day CPD seminars in lead and hard metals such as copper and zinc.
New RIBA CPD events have just been announced for June. RIBA's Core CPD Programme will help you stay up to date, to keep ahead, to be competitive, and to build your professional competence, as well as helping you to meet your CPD requirements.
The revised CDM Regulations 2015 have been in force for a month now and we continue to receive questions about what CPD is available, especially on the Principal Designer role.
Jamie Fobert will give the first in the stimulating lecture series, organised by RIBA Hampshire Branch …
A reminder that we would like to invite you to share your views on CPD and the range of CPD offered by both RIBA and other providers.
New RIBA CPD events have just been announced for May. RIBA's Core CPD Programme will help you stay up to date, to keep ahead, to be competitive, and to build your professional competence, as well as helping you to meet your CPD requirements.
We are currently looking for one chartered member each in the North West, South East and South coast of England
Special Interest Groups
- are forums for experts and for those wishing to learn more
- keep the regional office informed about issues of concern in their specialist areas
- provide insights and advice when needed
- in their specialist fields, guide and shape the region's activities such as awards and conferences.
Chair - Paul Bulkeley , Snug Projects
The Planning Group guides the region's response to planning issues. It recently provided themes and direction to conferences in Oxford and Winchester on the emerging opportunities offered by localism.
South Conservation Group Chair - Richard Ashby , Richard Ashby Associates
South East Conservation Group Chair - Stuart Page , Stuart Page Architects.
The region's two Conservation Groups brief the regional office on emerging issues and provide networking opportunities. Between them the two Groups cover the region.
South Conservation Group member Andrew Plumridge has advice for those working with buildings and protected species.
Chair - Isabel Carmona , CA Sustainable Architecture
The Green Group is a sounding-board for the regional office on sustainability and a source of information and advice on avoiding 'greenwash'.
For more information about the South/South East Special Interest Groups, please contact us.
South/South East branches
Our branches are our lifeblood. They are an invaluable way for members to network locally and they make sure that the regional office fully represents the interests of the region's members.
The kinds of activity offered by branches include:
- social networking at a friendly local level, through informal meetings and activities
- public exhibitions of work by local practices
- local building tours
- presentations by specialists that can top up your CPD
- awards and prizes for students at the local school of architecture
- lecture series featuring renowned architect speakers
RIBA South/South East branches are listed below. For information about events and activities in the individual branches, contact us.
Berkshire Chair: Jennifer Forakis, HOOP*
Contact: +44 (0) 7771 890 810
Buckinghamshire Chair: Warren Whyte, WhyteConsult
Contact: +44 (0)1280 820531
Hampshire Chair: Andy Ramus, AR Design Studio
Contact: +44 (0) 1962 864545
Isle of Wight Chair: Sean Macmillan, Elmstone Design LLP
Contact: +44 (0) 1983 281099
Oxfordshire Chair: Mark Shipton, Oxford Architects
Contact: +44 (0)1865 329100
South East branches
Canterbury & District Chair: Mayler Colloton, Clague
Contact: +44 (0)1227 762060
Guernsey Society of Architects Chair: Paul Langlois, Paul Langlois Architect
Contact: +44 (0)1481 237316
Surrey (East & West) Chair: Laura Ashworth, Gerry Lytle Associates
Contact: +44 (0)1483 301661
Sussex Chair: Tony Foulger
Contact: +44 (0)1273 291091
West Kent Chair: Derek Nicholson, Prime Building Consultants
Contact: +44 (0)1622 692249