The RIBA, its members, and its practices are the collective voice of architecture and work together to:
- enhance and promote a profession facing significant challenges
- champion good design the world over
- influence UK government policy and legislation that impacts on the profession
Individual RIBA Members have access to a wide range of benefits and services to support them throughout their career cycle from a student of architecture to practising architect. As their career grows and develops, membership of the RIBA grows with them. RIBA Chartered Practices can take advantage of a range of business support services to help to improve their effectiveness and business performance
RIBA Membership brochure - 2014 File size: 4150kB
Both RIBA Chartered Practices and individual members will enjoy the prestige of being part of a reputable institute that will raise their profile among colleagues and potential clients. Download more information below:
Find more information on Individual RIBA membership categories and RIBA Chartered Practice accreditation.
Refer a friend and receive a £25 RIBA Bookshop voucher
At the RIBA we've been supporting our members and the architectural profession for over 175 years. Our strength is our members, and as the network grows, so does the influence of our community and power of our voice.
Why not tell a friend or a colleague about why you have decided to join the RIBA network and if they become a member you'll receive a £25 RIBA Bookshop voucher to redeem online. Terms and conditions apply.
To refer a friend
RIBA 2014 T&C Refer a Friend
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7307 3686 providing the name, email address and contact number of the friend you are referring, along with the category of RIBA Membership they will be applying for.
- We will then contact them to confirm that you were the person that referred them.
- The friend you referred will then be asked to write your name and the code WEB001 in the Application Code box on their application form.
File size: 109kB
Being part of a global network
Members of the RIBA and Ruth Reed, Immediate Past President of the RIBA, share their views on being part of a globally renowned institute.
RIBA members' benefits and services
RIBA Members comment on the exclusive range of benefits and services they have access to.
Latest news from RIBA Membership
Click on the stories below from the Membership department at the RIBA.
Small practitioners make up about half of all RIBA members working in Chartered Practice and therefore carry a significant vote when it comes to the election for RIBA President. The Small Practice Group asked both candidates to answer five key questi…
Nominations have now closed for the RIBA Presidential elections.
Any RIBA members who may have been 'struck-off' the ARB register for late or non payment of their 2014 ARB registration fees are advised to contact the ARB quickly for reinstatement, if they wish to continue to use the title 'architect' for any form…