Due to building work, there is currently limited access to the Study Rooms at the V&A until 2017.
Reading Room, RIBA, 66 Portland Place, London
(for the Photographs, Books and Periodicals Collections)
Please call ahead on +44 (0)20 7580 5533 before your visit to check access.
- Guide dogs are welcome.
- Step-free access, via lifts, to all the floors in the building.
- Step-free access to the main entrance on Portland Place, which is accessible to wheelchairs.
- The Reading Room is accessible to wheelchairs. Certain areas such as the upper galleries and rolling stacks are not accessible to wheelchairs, but librarians are at hand to help and will be happy to fetch any requested material.
- Portable induction loops for those with hearing aids are available. Users should ask for them at the reception of 66 Portland Place.
- A disabled toilet is located in the basement.
- Lockers, located on the third floor, are available during the Reading Room's opening hours.
- A screen reader (COBRA) is available inside the Library.
- Single yellow line restrictions apply outside the Portland Place entrance.
- There are designated disabled parking spaces for Blue Badge holders on Portland Place.
- The nearest London Underground station with step-free access from the platform to the street is Euston (London Overground line).
- More information is available from Transport for London on transport accessibility.
RIBA Architecture Study Rooms, Victoria and Albert Museum, London
(for the Drawings and Archives Collections)
Until 2017 there is currently limited access to the Study Rooms and parts of the V&A due to building work. Please check the V&A's website or contact the Drawings and Archives Collection before your visit.
The British Architectural Library has a range of facilities to accomodate all types of groups at the RIBA (66 Portland Place) and V&A. To make the most out of their visit, groups should contact the Library in advance as some facilities must be booked and access to some collections is by appointment only.
For bookings or enquiries about group visits to any of the Library's sites, please contact us:
Tel: +44 (0)20 7307 3703 (Tuesday and Friday)
Group visits to the V&A
Due to the current construction work at the V&A, we can only accept a limited number of group visits per term. Visits are scheduled for 10.30 or 14.30 and last a maximum of two hours. Visits are self-led and will accommodate a maximum of 20 people per session. Groups will be collected from the Exhibition Road public entrance lobby area and escorted to the Print Room by a V&A member of staff. Please note: due to these works, there is currently no step-free access to the Print Room.
Groups from schools, colleges and higher education institutions should discuss their visits with us to find out more about the Library's learning programmes for children, students and adults.
Group tours of 66 Portland Place
Discover more about the headquarters of the RIBA, its Library, spaces, history and architecture by attending a building tour.