Explore our free exhibitions, attend an event, learn at our library, browse our bookshop or enjoy a coffee or meal in our cafe and bistro at 66 Portland Place. Our building is open to the public and rooms are available for hire. You can discover more about our building through a guided tour of the building and our collections. Contact us if you have any questions.
66 Portland Place
We are located a short walk away from Regent's Park, Marylebone High Street and Oxford Street
All our facilities (including our exhibitions, Library, bookshop, cafe and bistro) within the building have different opening times, please check them in advance before your visit.
Opening hours for 66 Portland Place:
- Monday to Friday 8am to 5.30pm (Tuesday open until 8pm only when the Library is open)
- Saturday 8am to 5pm
- Sunday closed*
* During The Brutalist Playground exhibition the building will be open 10am to 5pm on Sunday from 10 June until 16 August 2015
- Nearest London Underground stations are Oxford Circus, Regents Park and Great Portland Street.
- Buses that stop nearby include numbers: C2, 18, 27, 30, 88, 205 and 453.
- Bicycle racks are located outside 66 Portland Place and cycle hire docking stations can be found along Portland Place.
- On-street parking is available on Portland Place (A4021) and its vicinity. Please note 66 Portland Place is inside the northern boundary of the Congestion Charging zone.
- For more information see www.tfl.gov.uk
Our main facilities have step free access. Access to the Henry Jarvis Hall and Foyer is by steps only.
Guide dogs are welcome and portable induction loops are available.
A disabled toilet is located in the basement.
Please call ahead on +44 (0)20 7580 5533 before your visit to check accessibility.
- Single yellow line restrictions apply outside 66 Portland Place
- There are designated disabled parking spaces for Blue Badge holders on Portland Place
- More information is available from Transport for London on transport accessibility
Free wifi is available to visitors within the building.
Men's toilets in the basement and on levels 2 and 6
Women's toilets in the basement and on levels 3 and 5
Disabled toilet in the basement