A GREAT Week to grow in UAE
The GREAT WEEKS will give UK-based businesses the opportunity to join government-led trade missions to meet major buyers, potential partners, and influential opinion formers in market and take part in specially created platforms to promote their business.
Insights & Opportunities:
- Noteworthy projects include the retail 'District', Louvre Abu Dhabi and Zayed National Museum on Saadiyat as well as the $11 billion Etihad Rail mega project.
- Meet ALDAR and Tourism Development & Investment Company (TDIC), who oversee mega mixed use development projects such as Saadiyat Island, Yas Island and Al Maryah Island.
- Abu Dhabi is an emerging retail hub with 1.67 million sq.m of retail space with an additional 700,000 sq.m due by 2014.
- The Midfield Terminal Building at Abu Dhabi Airport will open in 2017 with 18,000 sq m of high-end retail space and 10,000 sq.m of cafes and restaurants presents further opportunities for infrastructure, interiors and retail.
- Mega projects at various stages include the $1.6 billion Bluewaters Island, $1.1 billion Dubai Design District, and approximately $15 billion Mohammed Bin Rashid City (MBR).
- The MBR city, a leisure and entertainment destination, will include the largest mall in the world, 100 hotels, and a park larger than Hyde park.
- Dubai has an estimated 2.9 million sq.m of retail space with a further 24,3000 sq.m due by 2014. Dubai is considered the retail hotspot of the region.
- GREAT Week UAE Retail and Luxury Missioners are invited to join the GREAT Week Kuwait, 21-24 March 2014.
- Find out more about the GREAT week Kuwait opportunity.
For more information, draft programme and to sign up visit greatweeks.co.uk
Horizon 2020 launched with €15 billion over first two years
In December, the European Commission has for the first time presented calls for projects under Horizon 2020. Worth more than €15 billion over the first two years, the funding is intended to help boost Europe's knowledge-driven economy, and tackle issues that will make a difference in people's lives.
For more information visit ec.europa.eu
Save the date: Partnering for success in association with UKTI
The RIBA in association with UKTI wish to deliver a high profile event for its members to promote, encourage and educate architectural practices to work internationally.
In 2013 the RIBA held its second Working International conference "Wish you were here". The event sponsored by UK Trade and Investment (UKTI) brought together groups from across the globe to share their knowledge of key growth markets around the world.
In 2014 we would like to extend and develop this concept by helping you to discover how working in partnership can help unlock business growth opportunities in international markets.
The 'Partnering for success' conference will therefore focus on key issue involved in finding and working with international and local partners to support international business growth. We will consider the challenges, pitfalls and benefits of the various options and provide you with the opportunity to meet a selection of overseas visitors eager for international collaboration.
We will bring together UKTI and other specialists from a selection of countries including China and the Gulf. They will outline the business opportunities and discuss how they can connect you with the right overseas partner for your chosen market. You will also be able to meet those who have previously worked in international markets and learn from their experiences.
In addition to the formal programme there will also be an opportunity to network with UKTI representatives from around the world. They can explain the practical issues of doing business, how to access the market, dealing with regulation, getting paid, making contacts, and much more.
Please save the date in your 2014 diary of Monday 3 March 2014 at RIBA, 66 Portland Place, London.
Watch this space for more details and how to book.
Alternatively, contact Marcus Deeley or tel. 020 7307 3683
The RIBA is supporting the UK Trade and Investment (UKTI) GREAT WEEKS campaign, which saw its London launch on 16 July 2013.
The GREAT Campaign is the most ambitious UK-wide international marketing programme for a generation, encouraging the world to visit, study and do business with the UK.
The GREAT WEEKS launch offered a preview of this unique opportunity, and an overview of each market. Further information .
As well as UK roadshows, there will also be a series of trade missions taking place. The RIBA will, on behalf of the UKTI, be leading the trade mission for architects to Mexico between 11-16 November. Any RIBA members interested in finding out more about joining the trade mission should contact firstname.lastname@example.org .