National Flag for the People's Republic of China

Foreign architects are not permitted to practice independently in China.

However foreign architects involved in a joint venture with a Chinese architect can accept commissions by Chinese clients. In this case, you (or your client) will have to apply for a licence on a project by project basis.

Documentation required may include:

- Certificate of registration in home country

- demonstration of practical experience

- CV

- information on candidate's own architectural firm

Please contact the Architectural Society of China for more information

The Architectural Society of China
9 Sanlihe Road
100835 Beijing
T: +86 10 8808 2239
F: +86 10 8808 2222


Top of page