The National Flag of Spain

 The National Flag of Spain

Under the EC architects' directive, as a qualified architect from an EU country, you will be able to register and practice as an architect in Spain. Please contact the CSCAE or local Colegio (list enclosed) to find out about the registration procedure. In most EU countries, the following documents are required in order to register. 
Application form
  • The original, or a certified photocopy (which may be authenticated by your solicitor) of certificates issued by your school of architecture
  • A certificate of good standing - RIBA can draft a letter on behalf of a RIBA member.
  • Form of identification (copy of your passport/birth certificate)
  • Three passport-size photographs.

You may also need to get from your local police station a statement confirming you have no criminal record.
The RIBA has also produced a publication on Architectural Practice in Europe: Spain. This publication is somewhat out-of-date, having been produced in about 1991, but it does give some useful background information. The publication is now out of print, however copies are available at the RIBA library and may be borrowed by members of the loan library.

The equivalent architectural organisation in Spain that you should contact with regard to registration is:
Consejo Superior de los Colegios de Arquitectos de España (CSCAE)
Paseo de la Castellana, 12, 4
Madrid 28046
T: +34 91 435 22 00
F: +34 91 575 38 39

Top of page