Photographer: Timothy Soar
The East Midlands region of the Royal Institute of British Architects comprises the counties of Leicestershire, Rutland, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire, with a total of around 1,200 members and 190 practices of which 120 are Chartered Practices.
We work with our branches in these counties to help provide a point of contact for members and engagement with the public in the East Midlands. Our office is located in the School of Architecture at Lincoln University.
- Signposting to a free service helping to match up clients and architects
- A regular e-newsletter for members and subscribers
- Continuing professional development for our members, architects and associated professions
- A public programme of architectural events, including the RIBA's annual Love Architecture Festival
- Communication of RIBA activity, branches and members' projects, through press relations and social media
- Organisation of the RIBA Awards for Architecture in the East Midlands
- Engagement with stakeholders and opinion formers to promote RIBA policy at a regional level
- Working with our four Schools of Architecture and their students
- The region comprises four branch societies:
Leicestershire and Rutland
Nottingham and Derby
Meeting regularly, the branches arrange a stimulating programme in support of architectural practice.