The FLASH Programme aims to help SMEs working in construction and built environment industries to seize the commercial opportunities arising from the move towards
a low-carbon economy, sustainable development and retrofitting.
The programme is co-ordinated by the Institute for Sustainability and funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
The FLASH BIM Workshop Programme
The UK Government has stated its intention to make BIM mandatory on all government construction contracts by 2016.
What does this mean in practice? How will it change the way we work? What is BIM and what will it mean for your company?
The BIM Workshop Programme is designed specifically for cross-industry practitioners – clients, contractors, architects, architectural technologists, engineers, building services engineers, surveyors, manufacturers and facilities managers.
Led by industry experts and offering impartial advice independent of any software provider.
This FREE workshop programme is co-ordinated by the Open BIM Network, the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) and the Institute for Sustainability.
BIM Workshop Content
- What is driving BIM? What Government is asking for, why it matters, and how it will affect your firm/ business
- What BIM is and how it works in practice
- Benefits of using BIM and how it would specifically benefit your work
- The risks and practicalities
- Technologies – how to ensure you select what is best for your business
- Effective approaches for successful BIM deployment
BIM Workshop Eligibility
For eligibility your organisation will:
- Have a London office address
- Employ fewer than 250 persons
- Have an annual turnover below €50m
BIM Workshop Dates
All workshops take place in central London. They take place over 2 days – attendance at both days is required:
- Day 1: 1 - 5pm; Day 2: 9 - 5pm - Upcoming dates:
- 24 - 25 October
- 7 - 8 November
- 21 - 22 November
Registration & Further details
Contact Emma Livingston-Jones at the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA):
For further details download the brochure:
Spaces are limited and booking essential. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.