Hosted by RIBA London in conjunction with the RIBA Policy and Public Affairs team the debates in 2011 seek to review and reveal policy priorities as the institute looks ahead to the planning changes via the Localism Bill and are a forum for cross-professional debate.
From Whitehall to Wigan: How can we make Localism work?
Tuesday 17 May, 18.30, RIBA Gallery 1
Chaired by Ruth Reed - President RIBA, the debate asked:
- How can architects help shape localism for communities?
- Will localism translate to our big cities?
- Can we make engagement simpler yet meaningful?
- How will business embrace the process?
With contributions from:
- Bill Boler - Director, Physical Regeneration at Business in the Community
- Chris Brown - Director of chief executive of Igloo Regeneration
- Dieter Kleiner - Director RCKarchitects' and
- Cllr Nick Cuff - London Borough of Wandsworth
Event resources and summary document: