10 September 2013
5:30 PM - 8:00 PM
66 Portland Place, London W1B 1AD
Lime seems such a basic building material yet is surrounded by many myths and opinions as to its correct use and specification.
The seminar will look at the many aspects and uses of lime in building work, especially to old and historic buildings. It will cover repair; conservation; renewal and new work and include the following:
- History and background to use of lime in buildings;
- Composition and manufacture of lime;
- How to specify and detail;
- Matching existing lime work and mortars;
- What to look for in good or bad work – how to identify problems;
- Case studies.
Delegates are invited to bring along their questions or problems involving lime.
Speaker: Bob Bennett MBE, Historic Buildings Consultant and Lime Specialist
RIBA/ CIAT Members - £55 + VAT
Others - £80 + VAT
RIBA Student Member - £15 + VAT
Alternatively please complete the booking form in the flyer below and return.