11 March 2014
6:00 PM - 8:30 PM
66 Portland Place, London W1B 1AD
This seminar will look at providing architects, contractors and consultants with a detailed understanding of how the Building Regulations are changing looking at the following:
- the repeal of local Acts with overlapping fire safety provisions
- new Approved Documents for Parts K, L, M, P and Regulation 7
- changes to the Approved Documents covering Parts A, B and C
- incorporation of the recast European Performance of Buildings Directive requirements on energy assessments
- a detailed analysis of the changes to the energy efficiency requirements of the regulations including Part L
- the use of the new kWh/m2/year metric in the assessment of new homes and the progression to zero carbon homes in 2016
- removal of the Approved Inspector warranty link rule
- further development of the competent persons self-certification role
- changes to the building control system.
This session will aim to offer:
- a review of the proposed 2013/2014 revisions to the Building Regulations
- an insight into the proposed changes to the statutory sustainability requirements, covering EPC's, domestic and non-domestic CO2 emission calculation software
- an awareness of proposed changes to the Code for Sustainable Homes and BREEAM.
Stephen Barnshaw, Head of technical services, jhai
For further information on other upcoming seminars and the RIBA CPD Core Programme 2014 in London please see here.
RIBA/CIAT Individual member: £70.80 (£59 + VAT)
Non-member: £102 (£85 + VAT)
RIBA Student member: £18 (£15 + VAT)