11 September 2014
2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Gateshead Civic Centre, NE8 1HH
This seminar will address the challenge of meeting clients’ expectations and the mechanisms through which the architect is able to manage their liability. It will explore the obligations and rights of the architect and the client as defined within the terms of engagement.
The delegates will be given a detailed understanding of:
- the architect's appointment, standard term agreements, bespoke agreements and letters of appointment, terms of engagement and key issues
- rights and obligations of the parties
- the architect's liability and provision for limitation
- third party rights, collateral warranties, intellectual property and copyright
- the duty of care, tortious liability and negligence
- consultant appointments, coordination and watch points
- the architect as contract administrator, instruments of contract administration and the management of employer’s time risk events, extensions of time breach of contract and provisions for remedy.
Speaker: Dyfed Griffiths RIBA BSc(Hons)Arch, Dipl.Arch(Birm), University of Bath
RIBA CPD Club Members: Free of charge
RIBA /CIAT member: £59 (£70.80 inc VAT)
Non- members: £85 (£102 inc VAT)
Students: £15 (£18 inc VAT)
Book online for individual seminars
Alternatively, you can complete and return the downloadable booking form at the bottom of this page.
RIBA North East