19 June 2014
10:00 AM - 12:30 PM
This seminar explores these dilemmas that have largely been created by our own industry, but also as a result of the legal profession's requirement for paperwork to prevent civil or criminal prosecutions.
You will leave this seminar with added confidence and the tools to provide proportionate and practicable CDM information that is:
- visually coordinated and easy to produce using project drawings that highlight only relevant hazards and significant risks to all participants in the process
- useful for clients, project managers and cost consultants to make allowances in the cost plan and create a level playing field for tenderers
- helpful for contractors at pricing stage to understand hidden, unusual and difficult to manage project-specific construction issues
- valuable to site managers and operatives when planning and executing the actual work on site
- suitable to demonstrate reduction of "significant risks" in designs "so far as reasonably practicable" (sfarp)
- appropriate to satisfy the HSE, lawyers and courts in the event of an accident.
The speaker will illustrate his presentation with a variety of examples covering small and large projects.
Speaker: Paul Bussey RIBA, RMaPS, MIFireE, Associate Technical Consulting, Scott Brownrigg
RIBA CPD Club Members: once place per club ticket
RIBA/ CIAT members: £59 + VAT
RIBA Student members: £15 + VAT
Others: £85 + VAT
Book online for individual seminars
Alternatively you can complete and return the downloadable booking form at the bottom of this page.