10 November 2010
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Sarum College, Salisbury
This interactive seminar will be divided in three parts to give a comprehensive overview of the planning system.
• An outline of the Planning System - an attempt to fit the pieces together to complete the jigsaw
• Planning update to include the latest changes and be kept up to date with the Government guidance including:
- Community infrastructure levy
- Amendments to planning permissions
- Applications to extend planning permissions
- Lawful commencement of development
- Revised GPDO - two years on
- Proposed revisions to GDPO
• A local view point from a Local Authority Planning Officer followed by discussion forum and questions and answers.
As national planning guidance is constantly evolving the seminar will be tailored to reflect any new initiatives not mentioned in the above. There will be ample time to question the speaker on specific planning issues.
Speaker: John Eaton BA DipTP DMS MRTPI
John Eaton established his own practice as a consultant town planner in December 1998 having been previously employed for twenty-eight years in local government planning departments. His consultancy provides individuals, companies and other professionals in the development industry with independent professional planning advice including Local Development Framework representations, enforcement matters, applications for certificates of lawfulness, planning applications and planning appeals. Since leaving local government he has with others run planning and enforcement courses for Councillors at Bournemouth, Christchurch, Oxford City and Tewkesbury.
A local Planning Officer will be present at each session and give a public sector view of the issues:
11 March, Truro: Andrew England, Cornwall Council
10 November, Salisbury: Judith Howles, Wiltshire Council
Fees (per seminar) – 17.5% VAT applies
RIBA members £55.00 + VAT (£64.63) Students members £27.50 + VAT (£32.31)
Non-members £65.00 + VAT (£76.38) Students non-members £48.75 + VAT (£57.28)
RIBA South West