This three day course is suitable for those already in planning supervisory roles and other professionals considering becoming CDM Co-ordinators.
23 - 25 October 2012
9:15 AM - 4:30 PM
The Old Manor House, 5 Bristol Road, Keynsham, Bristol BS31 2BA
It is accredited by the Association of Project Safety (APS). Upon completion of the course and successful passing of the required APS exam, candidates are fully accredited CMD Coordinators and can gain membership of the association, providing they meet the entry requirements set out by APS.
Who should attend
Any construction related professional who wishes to either become or understand more about the role of a CDM Co-ordinator.
What you will learn
• CDM Regulations content and duties given and how they impact on CDM coordination
• An understanding of the proactive role of the CDM Co-ordinator in risk management
• Requirements and implications of providing the CDM co-ordination service provision
• Discharging duties of the CDM Co-ordinator
• Impact of procurement routes on CDM co-ordination
• Legal aspects and implications.
This course involves exercises and spot tests to continually test the participation and knowledge of the delegates.
Chris Rowley is a professional trainer at NHBC and provides training seminars and workshop to a wide range of organisations and companies. After taking a BTEC
Higher National Certificate in Mechanical Engineering in 1986, Chris took a particular interest in Health and Safety. He qualified in 2003 with the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) Managing Environmental Responsibilities and IOSH Managing Safely diplomas followed by the IOSH registered TechIOSH in 2004. He further qualified with the National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) Dip 1 in 2004 and NEBOSH Construction Certificate in 2009.
18 hours of formal CPD
RIBA Core Curriculum topic:
Being safe: health and safety
Book and pay by 15 August 2012 deadline:
RIBA/CIAT members - £499 + VAT (£598.80)
• Others - £599 + VAT (£718.80)
Booking & payment after this deadline
• RIBA/CIAT members - £599 + VAT (£718.80)
• Others - £699 + VAT (£838.80)
RIBA South West