10 July 2013
2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Green Park, Reading
Be an entrepreneur – how to kick-start your architectural practice and win new work.
If you are running an architectural practice, you need to think like an entrepreneur and take control of your business. To be successful, it helps to have a clear development strategy. A written business plan makes decision-making easier.
This interactive workshop will cover the following:
- Analysis of your existing practice (SWOT, core competences);
- Long term strategy;
- How to react to a competitive environment;
- Segmentation of industry sectors and client types;
- Marketing objectives;
- Financial objectives;
- The importance of understanding and using your mission statement and Unique Selling Point (USP)
- A structured approach to business development.
Throughout the session, you will be working on practical exercises which lead to a structure for winning new work.
Speaker: Lucy Mori established her independent consultancy K L Mori Business Consulting for Architects in 2010 to work with UK architects on business and marketing issues. As a qualified architect with experience in small and large architectural practices, and an MBA from a top Business School, followed by professional experience at board level in non-architectural companies, Lucy has a unique combination of business skills.
RIBA/ CIAT Members - £55 + VAT
Others - £80 + VAT
RIBA Student Member - £15 + VAT
CPD Club Member - one place included in the club ticket