23 April 2013 - 01 January 1900
2:00 PM - 12:00 AM
Crawley Library, Crawley
This seminar will cover the following:
- Forms of procurement and role of the architect;
- Forms of contract (JCT and NEC) – comparisons and when to use;
- Design liability under the different contractual arrangements;
- Contractor and sub-contractor design;
- Administration of contracts, inspections, quality monitoring, certification, practical completion collaboration, team working and implications of BIM.
Speaker: Sarah Lupton MA DipArch LLM FCIArb CArb RIBA is a Professor at Cardiff University and a partner in Lupton Stellakis. She lectures widely on subjects relating to construction law, and acts as adjudicator and expert witness in construction disputes. She is a member of many industry and professional committees, and is chair of the Construction Industry Council Liability Panel. Sarah is the author of many books, including a new edition of Cornes and Lupton’s Design Liability in Construction (to be published 2013) and a series on standard form building contracts, and is the editor of Which Contract?
RIBA/ CIAT Members - £55 + VAT
Others - £80 + VAT
RIBA Student Member - £15 + VAT
CPD Club Member - one place included in the club ticket