19 March 2013
2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Holiday Inn, Portsmouth
The High Court has mentioned in the past that architects who are not familiar with the Housing Grants Act/New Construction Act could be negligent. This seminar will explain the operation of the New Construction Act for Architects, particularly:
- how the standard forms of contract deal with the New Construction Act
- how will the act apply?
- what notices will have to be given before payments are made
- the effect of not giving a notice, and particularly the default payment mechanism
- when can the works or an architect's professional services be suspended for non payment, and the procedure involved?
- adjudication – how may it be used to reinforce the New Construction Act