26 June 2013
2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Wolfson College, Oxford
Radon, the naturally occurring radioactive gas that is responsible for thousands of lung cancer cases each year in the United Kingdom is the most widespread ground gas that affects building occupants.
The seminar covers both the theoretical and practical elements of the topic, and discusses:
- the Building Regulations
- best practice for radon protection in new buildings
- methods of remediation for high levels found in existing buildings
- how to tackle radon in basements
- obligations for employers and landlords
- the guidance produced by the Health Protection Agency and Building Research Establishment.
Case studies are used throughout, to provide engaging illustrations of the issues covered.
RIBA/CIAT Members - £55 + VAT (£66)
Others - £80 + VAT (£96)
RIBA Student Members - £15 + VAT (£18)
20% discount available for Club Ticket Holders