27 March 2014
2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
The Bond, 122 Fazeley Street, Birmingham, B5 5SE
This seminar will address the challenge of meeting clients' expectations and the mechanisms through which the architect is able to manage their liability. It will explore the obligations and rights of the architect and the client as defined within the terms of engagement.
The speaker will define and clarify the duties and liabilities of the architect in the execution of their responsibilities and obligations to the client. He will review the principal instruments of contract administration that govern the management of delay and include: notices, claims and early warnings, applications for and adjudication upon extensions of time, loss and expense, liquidated and ascertained damages and their application, delay mitigation, acceleration and time at large.
The delegates will be given a detailed understanding of:
- the architect's appointment, standard term agreements, bespoke agreements and letters of appointment, terms of engagement and key issues
- rights and obligations of the parties
- the architect's liability and provision for limitation
- third party rights, collateral warranties, intellectual property and copyright
- the duty of care, tortious liability and negligence
- consultant appointments, coordination and watch points
- the architect as contract administrator, instruments of contract administration and the management of employer’s time risk events, extensions of time breach of contract and provisions for remedy.
RIBA CPD Club Members: Free of charge
RIBA/CIAT Member: £70.80 (£59 + VAT)
RIBA student members: £18 (£15 + VAT)
Others: £102 (£85 + VAT)
RIBA West Midlands