30 April 2014
10:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Integreat Plus, Office 7, The CUBE, 1 Brittain Street, Sheffield, S1 4RJ
This full day training session is aimed at architects, planners, landscape architects and other built environment professionals. The training is based around the industry standard best practice guidance to delivering design review 'Design Review, Principles & Practice'.
- Learn how design review works and how panels operate
- Learn how to be more constructive in your comments and deliver criticism and praise where needed
- Take part in a mock design review
- Learn how to assess a site and its context to help inform your comments
- The day is interactive and will include, weather permitting, a visit to a local site
The event will provide an insight into what a design review panel is looking for from the perspective of the reviewer. It introduces the principles of design review and techniques for those who wish to sit on a design review panel, either as a panel member or as the chair.
The event includes presentation skills and proven design review techniques. It demonstrates how to provide constructuve criticism as a panel member and gives an overview of the role of panel chair. This includes bringing together the opinions of the panel, managing conflicts and making sure that the final report accurately reflects the panel discussions.
The event includes the 10 principles of design review, covering the revised RIBA/RTPI/LI/CABE guidance and includes an understanding of the NPPF and the localism agenda.
£114 (£95 + VAT)