22 January 2014
2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Humanities Building, Broadcasting Place, Leeds Metropolitan University, Woodhouse Lane, Leeds, LS2 9EN
Speaker: Alex Baines, Head of Sustainability and Building Physics, CBG Consultants
This seminar will describe how to approach the integration of modern building facilities and services in historic buildings. It will analyse the possible strategies and constraints that apply, highlighting what is important whilst considering major factors such as artefacts, buildings and people.
The comprehensive analysis will specify the essential items to consider for your project:
- building physics and environmental control such as temperature, humidity, air flow, ventilation, insulation, light, colour, noise and acoustics, water, renewables and energy
- best practice and pitfalls including English Heritage, National Trust, commissioning and soft landings
- standards: purists vs practicality
- communication and the final say involving client, team, planning and conservation officers, Building Control and contractors
- meeting other requirements such as accessibility and fire
- installation best practices and problem solving.
RIBA CPD Club Members: Free of charge
RIBA members: £70.80 (£59.00 + VAT)
Others: £102.00 (£85.00 + VAT)
RIBA Student member: £18.00 (£15.00 + VAT)